Monday, July 13, 2009

I have totally had it: or, the story of me and my booze thermos.

OK. Here's the deal: I have just reached critical mass with school. It's just been too much lately. Spring Semester kicked my ass and then I essentially had to go straight into Summer Session. And I made it through the first month, and it was a ton of work crammed into 8 classes and it kinda sucked, but I kept my head up and just dealt with it and it was OK. And then I started my second class, which is actually a cool computer-based course called "Digital Literacies" and it's really nothing against the course- in any other semester or whatever I would be loving it. But right now, I just want a freaking break!!!! I just don't wanna have to read 60 pages of anything for a few weeks, or write a response to a bunch of stuff and think about final projects and blah blah blah. I am over it! I want to be done for a minute. I just want a few days in a row where I don't have to do schoolwork of some kind. I am at that point. Or, I have passed it. Unfortunately, I have four classes left. Two this week, 3 hours each, and two next week. And as I sit here at 1:45am(having worked in the restaurant all night on Bastille Day, which is a whole other sob story) I have to write two responses, post a Jing application to my blog, write my final project proposal, get ready for my web authoring presentation, and have it all done by tomorrow night. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No. No more. I am DONE!

Anyhow. Sorry about all the bitching. I think if I didn't know that on like, August 30th I am gonna be right back in the shit, I would be a lot less crankified right now. But this weather we've been having is amazing and it makes me wanna do a bunch of day drinking rather than homework, ya feel me? Which brings me to my plan.

In order to get through the next two weeks without having some sort of mental episode, I have decided to focus instead on what I will do on the Friday morning after my last day of class. That is: I will go and buy a beach chair, a beach towel, a cooler, and a thermos, which I will then fill with booze and which will be hencetofore known as my "booze thermos" and I will make for whichever beach seems most appealing on a given day. I will fill the cooler with snacks and smartwater. I will look for the ice cream man at whatever beach I wind up with and eat a bunch of soft serve. And I will do this as much as possible for the rest of my seriously abbreviated summer. Who's with me?! I will get you a booze thermos too, and you can fill it with whatever you want... Let me know. This is totally happening. Oh, and I am buying the Camus bio to read while I get soused. I am taking a break from theory and practice! Just a Camus love-fest. That's all I want. That, and my booze thermos.

Happy Summer!

7 comments:

Charles said...

Booze, Thermos, beach. I'm In.

lauren williams said...

Yay!!!!! We can put tequila in yours.

just amodern girl... said...

Me too! I want gin.

Unknown said...

Can i have Sizzurp in mine?

lauren williams said...

it's your booze thermos! you are callin' the shots! god... i can't WAIT!

Charles said...

sip, sip, sippin on some sizzurp!

Aimee said...

I WANT A BOOZE COOLER!! Actually, I totally already have one! I can bring my own!!