i have been experiencing my own non-basketball related march madness for the past 11 days or so, which hasn't exactly been fun. but screw that, because the real march madness has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i couldn't be happier. every sports fan knows that february is a pretty dead sports month, although the knicks have been keeping it real this year, and there has been all this T.O. stuff (sorry, baby) to sustain our interest. but the payoff for the bleakness(all around) of feb. is the start of NCAA b-ball tournament season, and it is finally here! this means, i made it :)
in fact, i am sitting on my couch right now, creating a rubric for the paper my students are handing in tomorrow, and WATCHING THE BIG EAST TOURNAMENT ON TV!!! from now on, all sentences that concern what i am doing(which would be twittering, i suppose, now that our society has fallen in love with twitter) will hopefully end with "and WATCHING THE TOURNAMENT ON TV!!" not just the big east of course, but all of them. i am an insatiable college basketball junkie, starting now, and i will take whatever you got. north dakota? great. west washington montana university? word up.
my hopefully future alma mater, St. John's, beat G-town last night!!! i don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet, but i am beyond desperate to affiliate myself with a remotely viable college athletic program. if i am accepted to st. john's, look out. i am about to become the most rabid red storm fanatic you have ever seen. GO RED STORM! don't call it a comeback, y'all. i am not gonna lie: i am terribly pleased that the school i really want to go to has half a chance in hell of building their b-ball program back up to its mark jackson-or-chris-mullen-era glory. i mean, if i wind up at nyu, it's back to the land of the seawolves, beavers and terriers. i mean, what the hell is nyu's mascot, anyway? the golden purple torches? no thank you.
so please, st. john's. let me enroll in your university. i have already started picking out jerseys and comparing ticket packages. we could do great things together...
oh, and march madness rules!!!!
*************Update***************
I would just like to note that no sooner do I get hype for a particular team, but they promptly lose. Happens every March(I'm talking to you, Syracuse). But I guess it's time for me to take responsibility. I am obvs a jinx, although I don't think this affects St. John's ability to become a winning team again, once I am a student. Oh, and St. John's lost to Marquette this afternoon, or should I say, got their ass handed to them in a sound thrashing, the score was 74-45. Ouch. St. John's had 10 points at the end of the half. I am serious. Sorry, guys. I promise to keep my hopes for you quiet next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment