Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Change This Blog Can Believe In, Eventually...

So, yes.  As you can see, I have been experimenting with a new look for this blog, in between the ten trillion other things I have been doing, which is why it is still sorta half-finished and lame. But when I get a minute to check out the HTML mods... well... watch out.  It's probably going to be pretty cool.  Hopefully.

I am also battling a little change-of-season cold, which is nothing major, thank heavens, but which is slowing me down just a bit.  I stayed home this morning from the WC and slept, which was sorely needed.  Now I have to get my ass in gear and get out to school so I can get started on a paper which is due tomorrow and which I have totally screwed myself with by waiting, of course, until the last minute.  As per usual.  

In other news, I won my fantasy football matchup this week against the newly croatian Mr. Jordan Taylor.  Word!  Feels good, after my devestating loss the week before to the worst team in the league...  Oh by the way, Jordan and Laura, if this election doesn't go our way in two weeks, you should start looking for a larger place over there, because you are going to have two new roommates.  We are totally out of here.





In happier election news, I got an "Obama Rocks" pin on 86th Street this weekend.  It is giving me hope, for the future.


Finally, Halloween is just around the corner, and we have recently learned that Martinodelmundo is having a par-tay!  Everyone knows that Martino's parties are the best around.  His family always winds up getting like four tents and having like 600 people over.  Now I just have to figure out what the hell I am going to be!  Charles almost agreed to be 2/3rds of the Jonas Brothers with me, but A)we need a third(unless we find a way to cleverly represent the missing one- that could be interesting and B) he already has a costume idea that he wants to do, some nerd shit or something. 

Speaking of nerd shit, I was seriously thinking about being MasterChief of Halo fame, but the costume (the cheap one) looks a bit too "Airborne Ranger" and not enough "SuperSoldier" if you ask me.  And where is my friggin' assault rifle?  I mean... That's the piece de resistance, no??  I might do it anyhow, just because it will be a hell of a lot warmer than getting dressed up as a fairy or supergirl or something like that.  Also, Alison will love it.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be portraying "Joe The Plumber" in a hypothetical situation where McCain becomes president, and Joe doesn't get to buy the business and becomes a malnourished minority with perfect hair. can i please be the third Jonas? preferably the one that has pubes already, and doesn't have a curfew.

trey

lauren williams said...

Oh!!! I would love to make you the third Jonas, with pubes and no curfew. We came up with a better idea though. There is still a part for you, if you are interested. Although, I really like your "Joe the Plumber" scenario. Maybe you could take it to the Porn realm and be "Joe the Plumber"... but then, you can't do that kind of shit cause you're a dad.