Thursday, June 30, 2005

cold as ice, baby.

the longer i'm traipsing about this earth, the more i realize that it's never going to be about avoiding the madness. it's always going to be about the life-preserver that's thrown to you by one of the people or things you've been wise enough and fortunate enough to surround yourself with for moments exactly like those, so that you can hang right there in the center of the craziness, and maybe sip a cocktail or something. sometimes, it won't even have to be a life-preserver, maybe just a pair of orange blow-up swimmies. wow, "swimmies" is a great word.

how come i never realized how fucking awesome camera obscura is? damn.

random vin diesel fact of the day:

Vin Diesel excavated the entire Chunnel with his teeth and a brillo pad.

wow. impressive.

you know what else is awesome? taking 26 pictures of mullets at an outdoor foreigner concert. that's how i passed my time last night. we're thinking a mullet coffee table book, although according to my sister, "blogs are the new coffee table books." so maybe a blog. a mullet blog. it's gonna be amazing, some of the fine mullitude we witnessed yesterday exceeded even my highest expectations for how far some people are willing to go in the name of arena rock and bad hair. you're hot blooded. go ahead and check it. and see.

"is it safe to say that we're the only people at the foreigner concert who are here for aqua teen hunger force reasons?" -me
"yes." -riann


***edit*** my fact-checker, matt "irv gotti" gottesman has been sleeping on the job, apparently, and allowed me to spell "foreigner" wrong on this post for at least 12 hours. consider yourself on probation, irv. you may wanna rethink that whole "greatest fact-checking mind of our time" thing. and don't even try to tell me that you aren't a spell checker. i mean, what the hell am i paying you for??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have something to say on my behalf. I was not immediately informed of the blog's posting as I should have been, as it is stipulated in my contract (Article I, Section IV, Paragraph XI). I am a spell checker, but you have a sister who won the Newsday spelling bee in Elementary School. I remember seeing the plaque hanging on the wall in Westbrook. I apologize for thinking that you had some amazing spelling genes in your blood. Also, I am the man. Lastly, if I am supposed to be getting paid then you are seriously overdue on sending out the checks. In closing, I recently discovered some good information you can use for future blogs and possibly Live Radio news reports. Vin Diesel prosecuted the Nuremburg Trials entirely on his own. He personally executed every Nazi that was found guilty by the tribunal. He ate the rest. Peace out Cub Scout. Irv

lauren williams said...

oh, irv. you know i was just kidding. i could never replace you. did my sister really win the newsday spelling bee? wow, that's awesome.